Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/28/10-Big Country's Hickory Pit BBQ, Wallingford, CT

I drive by this little wood structure in the Chef's Emporium parking lot as I'm going to and from work--yet I never get out of work in time to try it! Good thing for vacation time this week, finally got to give it a shot.

Tom took a short drive down to get us lunch--he was hoping for brisket, I was hoping for pulled pork. Unfortunately for him, they hadn't had a chance to smoke any brisket, so he came home with pulled pork sandwiches for the both of us. I was so pleasantly surprised--the pork was tender, flavorful and not dried out! A generous helping of BBQ sauce from our fridge topped it off (they do not have their own BBQ sauce, instead using a national brand sauce for those who want it). This was truly a great lunch--hope to be trying more of their BBQ soon!

(Winter hours are Mon-Sat 11am-4pm.)

No comments: