Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12/26/11-Smoken' Joe's, Brighton, MA

Came up to Boston to visit Kirstin in her new digs. After fighting all the post-holiday traffic up here, we were starved so I consulted the phone to find a place in her area to get some dinner. I didn't know what I was in the mood for until I happened upon this place--so glad we came here!

A small place with a nice vibe and live music every night of the week, this BBQ joint is definitely a cool place to hang out. We walked in and grabbed a table and menus were brought over. I went with the sliced beef brisket platter, with sides of mac and cheese and fries and cornbread. The brisket was great and the BBQ sauce that our waitress picked for me was an excellent companion--sweet and smoky with a ton of flavor! The brisket was nice and moist, french fries were average and the mac and cheese was ok, but nothing special (I would get different sides next time!). The cornbread was great, wish I had more of that! Kirstin ordered the Turkey Tips, which surprisingly were so good! They had a teryaki flavor to them, were nice and moist as well. The dishes were plentiful, the music was rockin and the service was fun and friendly. A great place for good food, music and hanging with friends!

http://www.grubhub.com/boston/smoken-joes-bbq/?showSmallSearchWidget=Y

No comments: