Wednesday, December 7, 2011

11/18/11-Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Newington, CT

I truly am a sucker for a classy dinner.

Tom and I got to have a lovely evening out for dinner since we haven't had much time to see eachother. An absolutely lovely romantic dinner setting, there were couples around us celebrating anniversaries and other small parties for birthdays--I guess the two of us don't need a celebratory reason to come here!

Service was impeccable, as it should be in a restaurant such as this, however I felt that our waitress was a little brash at times, such as not even greeting us when she came over to the table. Bread came over quickly, which was soft and warm. Next, our caesar salads arrived, perfectly dressed. Onto our main event--we both had filets cooked to medium-rare and the dishes were served with asparagus and mashed potatoes and one extra addition--I chose BBQ shrimp while Tom chose the baked stuffed shrimp, both were excellent. Everything was delicious and filling, presented nicely as well, with the plates coming out of the kitchen screaming hot! We would definitely make a return visit, however, I think I liked David Burke and Morton's better--but absolutely nothing against Ruth's!

www.ruthschris.com

No comments: