Saturday, August 15, 2009

8/12/09-Lao Sze Chuan, Milford, CT

Kirstin and I had an agenda for the evening that included going to Milford so she suggested that we go out for dinner (instead of me cooking!). This place has been highly recommended and now I know why.

Let me start by saying that I love Chinese food but it does have a habit of making me feel not-so-good. Imagine my surprise when I didn't have that feeling after eating here! That's a good start in my book.

This place sparked my interest because it is "authentic Szechuan" and the menu is wide and varied. To start, Kirstin ordered the sauteed minced chicken with peas, carrots and pine nuts with lettuce wraps--good, but it was kinda like eating the inside of a chicken pot pie. For my appetizer, I had Szechuan Dumplings in red chili oil--I cannot stop talking about these. These were clearly in-house made and the taste was phenomenal--not as hot as I thought but by the 4th one, the chili oil had coated the back of my throat and I was feeling it. For entree, Kirstin had Thai-style noodles--she got a huge portion for her money and it was quite tasty! I had ordered the orange beef but orange chicken arrived at the table--I wasn't gonna complain, I like orange chicken and this was no exception--good portion, served with a side of white rice. Overall, a great experience. I am already trying to come up with an excuse to go back to Milford.

www.laoszechuan.com

No comments: