Friday, June 12, 2009

6/5/09-Hardware City Tavern, New Britain, CT

Continuing my party weekend, Kirstin and I got dinner here before heading to see DMB. They have recently changed their menu and brought back some old favorites that were previously discontinued. To celebrate, for starters, we had the honey mustard wings and the peanut butter wings (I know, the peanut butter wings sound gross but trust us--they are fantastic!). For our dinners, Kirstin had the portabella sandwich served on a ciabatta roll with fries--she said she really liked it, especially the huge pieces of sundried tomatoes that adorned it! I had the grilled chicken sandwich on a ciabatta roll with the "wing" sauce of my choice--Icky (bbq, honey and buffalo)--served with fries--very good, nice big piece of chicken. I also had a Snickers martini, which had quite the interesting taste to it and Kirstin had a Stella.

Service was very friendly and quick. Great start to an awesome night!

No comments: