Thursday, July 19, 2012

7/19/12-Bricco Trattoria, Glastonbury, CT

Out to dinner tonight with a lovely friend from school, Kim. I was a fan of the restaurant that formerly occupied this space (Sauce) and hoped that this would be just as nice--and it is. Classy, upscale interior, friendly staff and great food. I was able to make a reservation via OpenTable (which I love) and was seated immediately upon arrival.

Kim had a draft beer to start, while I went with the bellini--perfectly balanced, not too sweet. Bread came to the table--soft and warm, seasoned, with a bowl of olives in olive oil. On to our entrees--Kim had the fresh potato gnocchi, which she enjoyed while I had the fresh cavatelli napolitano with braised pork sugo--the pasta was perfectly done, served with a nice amount of the braised pork, which was super tender and really added to the overall flavor of the dish.

To finish our evening, we went with the warm Valhrona chocolate cake. I was excited to try this, since Valhrona is my current favorite chocolate thanks to a chocolate tasting I did a few months ago. This was rich and chocolaty, not at all like the traditional cake I thought it would be and would definitely satiate any need for chocolate.

Overall, a lovely evening out. Would definitely return!

No comments: