Saturday, July 2, 2011

6/30/11-California Pizza Kitchen, West Hartford, CT

Lunch date with my two favorite Laura's! We came here as a way to celebrate summer genetics class ending and what a tasty celebration it was!

Strawberry lemonades for the girls and a regular lemonade for me started our lunch, along with an appetizer of the Avocado Club Egg Rolls-Avocado, chicken, tomato, Monterey Jack and applewood smoked bacon in a crispy wonton roll. Served with homemade ranchito sauce and herb ranch--I wish all egg rolls were as delicious as this creation was! Perfectly portioned for the 3 of us, we enjoyed every last bite of this one.

On to our pizzas! Laura P. had a tough time deciding (and who wouldn't?) but in the end made a great choice--the Margherita pizza. Laura B. went with the Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza (no onions! and on the honey wheat dough, obviously)--I was jealous of this one, it looked amazing! I went with the California Club (on the honey wheat dough)--my only complaint was I couldn't really enjoy the avocado since it was in big wedges, preferably I would think that diced up would work out better--other than that, it was an excellent choice. We all enjoyed a few slices, then took the rest home for later. In all, it was a fantastic lunch with some of my favorite nursing girls--I'll miss you both in my classes next year but that doesn't mean we can't still be study buddies :)

www.cpk.com

No comments: