Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11/13/09-Imperial Caribbean Restaurant, Cromwell, CT

Had the pleasure of a revist this evening and dinner was lovely. This place is still pretty slow, only one other table when we arrived at 730 but they seemed to be doing a decent take-out business. We picked our table and quickly had our beverages brought to us. For appetizer, we couldn't resist having the festival dumplings with their creole dipping sauce--hot and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. I think I would totally get an order (or 2...) for takeout and bring em home to surprise Tom! Our salads then arrived with a spicy balsamic vinegar and plantains on top. For our entrees, Tom had enjoyed my Curry Chicken so much last time that he ordered it this time--and cleaned his plate! I tried the Jerk Chicken which had a nice amount of heat on the back end of the bite. I tried the Mac au Gratin as my side instead of the rice and beans but it wasn't my thing--strong cheese with an interesting flavor (not sure what it was) but Tom really enjoyed it, so I guess you'll have to try it for yourself! As usual, we stuffed ourselves so there was no room for dessert--a successful dinner, if I do say so.

No comments: