Sunday, November 29, 2009

11/28/09-Rossini's Italian Restaurant & Pizza, Cheshire, CT

Both of us had a long day--me with work, Tom with moving furniture--and we were craving something hearty. It has been quite a few years since we'd been to Rossini's and I am glad we finally returned. The place was jammin, both in the dining area and the takeout section. Quickly seated, our waitress was very pleasant, helpful and efficient. Tom had the eggplant parmigiana, which was served with a side of pasta, a salad and rolls--the eggplant came out piping hot and plentiful. I had the veal parmigiana grinder with a side salad--the grinder was huge and really hit the spot (if I had a complaint, it would be that my small side salad that I ordered was $4, but so it goes). We both left stuffed and happy, with takeout containers to enjoy the next day. This is a very friendly hometown pizza joint with a laid-back, comfortable feel- I hope we don't take a few years till our next visit!

www.cheshirerossini.com

1 comment:

Nina Lentini said...

I visit my hometown often as family are still there. We LOVE Rossini's pizza. White clam is the best! Also, you can ask the owner to make a quattro stagione and he will! (Four season or stations) Leave it up to him as to what goes in it.