Saturday, March 7, 2009

3/7/09-Liuzzi Cheese, North Haven, CT

Needed to pick up a few things to make our famous pizzas tonight for dinner so we went out here for lunch. I ordered an Italian combo on a hard roll--nice good bread and store made sopressatta with ham, salami, lettuce and tomato. When we got up to the counter to order (this place was busy!! we waited 10 min in line!) there was a HUGE sandwich on display that had fresh mozz, sopressatta, ham, prociutto, tomato, lettuce on a nice big ciabatta bread--Tom says to the girl behind the counter, "I want whatever that is." "All of it?" "Yep, all of it." "Can I cut it in half and wrap the halves seperately?" That's how big this damn thing was. I am glad to say he only ate half and it was very good.

This Italian market has a great selection of premade foods, prepared foods, deli meats and lots of cheeses. I want to come back here another day when its not so busy so I can just poke around.

www.liuzzicheese.com

No comments: