Saturday, February 18, 2012

2/17/12-The Blue Lobster, Berlin, CT

Out to grab a quick dinner before grabbing our 4th row seats at the CT Whale game! I think I've driven by this place a hundred times and always wondered about it, but never really thought to have dinner here until my sister's ex-boyfriend mentioned how him and his father have had great meals here.

A small, simple place with only a handful of tables, we were lucky to snag a booth right when we walked in. They have quite a nice menu of selection, all very reasonably priced, but I knew what I came here for--the hot buttered lobster roll. Tom got the same with a cup of their lobster bisque and we split french fries. The rolls were nicely stuffed with lobster meat, tossed in melted butter--in my opinion, it is the only way to have a lobster roll. The bisque was creamy and had a nice smooth, balanced flavor to it with a few actual lobster pieces in it. French fries were your average frozen variety and Tom said the coleslaw was pretty good. Overall, it was a nice, quick dinner. With prices like that, it'll make you feel like summer is right around the corner!

www.bluelobsterseafood.com

No comments: