Saturday, January 7, 2012

1/6/12-K. Gee's Gourmet Burgers & Beers, Southington, CT

I had high hopes that a burger place the likes of Corey's in Manchester or the Plan B chain had finally made it's
way to the Southington area--I was seriously disappointed.

We had dinner here tonight--although it is in a great location on Center St., the interior of the building is odd--a dark bar area with a separation wall to a blue and white themed small dining room with a few standard tables and booths. The place was very slow and we were instructed to sit wherever we wanted.

The food? Standard bar food--absolutely nothing "gourmet" about this place. I had the K. Gee Allstar Burger, which came with cheese, bacon, and fried onions. I have a few complaints--first off, don't ask me how I want my burger cooked if all the cook can do is "well done"--my was certainly not medium as requested; also, the bacon was overcooked and dry. The fries were definitely not "hand cut" as the menu stated, they were definitely the frozen kind. Tom ordered the Buffalo burger--his burger was cooked medium-well, not exactly medium as was ordered and he thinks that the burger was similar to the bubba's burgers you can get in the freezer case, so he's not sold on the "fresh" made burgers, either.

Overall, a complete let-down. I can't imagine this place staying in business long unless they make some serious improvements. We won't be returning.

www.kgeesburgers.com

No comments: