Thursday, September 1, 2011

8/22/11-Elizabeth's Cafe, Madison, CT

We got back late after a long weekend spent in the woods and and neither of us felt much like cooking so we went to try this place I've heard some buzz about.

To our surprise, we actually had to wait for a table--on a Monday night in CT, that's unheard of, so that's a good sign, right? The owner was nice enough to make a few adjustments to get a table for us and after about 15 minutes, we were seated. Water was brought over, along with some warm bread. We started with the calamari, served with marinara and a lemon aioli--the marinara was nothing thrilling but the aioli was great and the portion was excellent! On to our entrees--Tom had the Pan-seared Tilapia, with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Kalamata Olives, Roasted Red Pepper and Caper Sauce--he enjoyed this preparation and the fish was nicely cooked, I even enjoyed the bite I had of it! I had the Shrimp Scampi--hate to say it, but I was disappointed--there were only 5 shrimp in the dish and I could have recreated this dish at home easily, it was nothing special.

In all, this place was totally overpriced and not worth it for us. The food was good but not great, the service was pleasant and accommodating, but really, nothing special.I don't see us returning.

www.perfectparties.com

No comments: