Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9/24/10-Balladino's, Madison, CT

On the long haul 16-hour shift this lovely Friday. I swear, if my partner didn't know about this place, I would have driven right by. A very unassuming place with a small sign, you wouldn't know there was a sandwich shop inside. When you walk in the doors, you are attacked with the amazing smell of an Italian deli and that for me is always a good sign! However, the front cases are empty and the shelves are sparsely stocked with a few imported italian items; I guess I was hoping for something more like Angelo's in New Britain (if you've been there, you know what I'm talking about!) With that point behind us, I got in line to order my lunch. I chose the #29, The Suraci--grilled chicken topped with bacon, romaine lettuce, plum tomatoes and honey mustard on a hard roll--bacon was crisped up fresh, nice piece of grilled chicken and the bread was very good. Service was relatively quick, which is essential when I'm working on the road and the staff was friendly. Clearly this place is no secret in Madison because there was quite a line the entire time I was there! Stop by and give it a shot if you're in the area.

No website, located on Boston Post Rd. in Madison.

No comments: