Monday, May 3, 2010

5/2/10-Time Out Taverne, Durham, CT

What a beautiful afternoon! Tom and I went out on the bike for a while and he decided to be spontaneous and stop here for dinner. We sat outside on the patio for dinner and it was a beautiful evening to be dining outside--I wish we could more often!

The menu had a large seafood selection, with all of the evenings specials being seafood based. The also had steaks ($19-$29), chicken and pastas. Tom decided on clams over linguine with a white wine garlic broth--his go-to seafood dish and he enjoyed it. My interested wasn't sparked by much on the menu (and I wasn't looking to spend that kind of money on a steak) so I went with the Cobb salad and it was actually the perfect decision. The creamy balsamic dressing over the greens with walnuts, bacon, grilled chicken and avocado really made for a light, refreshing meal.

In all, service was prompt and efficient but not exactly friendly (but Jay the bartender is awesome!). I think that the prices on some of the dishes was a bit high but there aren't many dining choices in this area. We both enjoyed our evening and if we're hungry in the area again, I'd say we'd come back.

timeouttaverne.com

No comments: