Monday, May 3, 2010

5/1/10-Super Duper Weenie, Fairfield, CT

I love working in the opposite end of the state on Saturdays, if only for my eating adventures! Our schedule didn't allow us to get dinner until late, so I was very lucky that we got to Super Duper Weenie 5 minutes before they closed! I didn't feel rushed at all and if anything, the nice girl that helped me was sympathetic to my profession, which is always nice. I have always wanted to try this place out and I was very glad I did!

Although the menu implies hot dogs, they do more than that--burgers, chicken, sausage, french fries and soups! It is always nice to see a place that takes pride in what they make and does as much as they can from scratch instead of frozen--kudos to that! I knew that whatever I decided to get, I needed to bring home part of it for the hubby. I chose the Californian--Homemade Meat Chili, Freshly Chopped Onion, American Cheese & Hot Relish (so messy! but good--and the relish isn't that hot, really) and I also had the Cincinnattian--Cincinnati Style Chili, Cheddar Cheese & Chopped Onions (this was good also, but I wish the cheddar was melted on the dog instead of shredded). I also got a small order of french fries--she put them in their own bag--this was not a "small" portion by any means, but it was delicious! And of course, Tom enjoyed every bite of my leftovers--boy, is he spoiled! I hope to be back in the area soon to try something new!

www.superduperweenie.com

No comments: