Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/20/10-Rick's on 5, Wallingford, CT

Whoops! Forgot to post this earlier, been too busy for my own good!

Came here for breakfast over the weekend with the husband, which was a nice treat since we never get out for breakfast (mainly because I never want to get out of bed on the weekends at a decent time....). Tom is always happy to get one of their overstuffed omelettes--this time he chose the Country Omelette--bacon, tomato and cheese--very large and tasty, came with home fries and toast (plus ordered a side of bacon). I haven't had french toast in forever, so I had that with whipped cream and a side of sausage. Next time I will try it with pecan praline, but I did give up sweets for lent, so not this time (french toast isn't a sweet! I swear!). Service was very friendly and fast, love that about this place. The prices are more than reasonable, which explains why it is always packed on the weekends--be prepared to wait for a table, but it is worth the wait.

ricksonrt5.com

1 comment:

Andie said...

So glad that you commented on my blog so that I could find yours! Wonderful reviews. I can't wait to try Rick's for breakfast soon, sounds like I'll be able to get a tasty, cheap meal!
I love how thoughtful your reviews are and all the places you visit!
I'll keep reading!