Monday, February 15, 2010

2/12/10-Black Eyed Sally's, Hartford, CT

Kirstin and I headed out to dinner before taking in the Lion King at the Bushnell (which was so visually STUNNING!) and we decided on Black Eyed Sally's--it has been a while since our last visit.

Two pieces of their cornbread with honey butter on the side was brought to us, so good I wished we had more! We started with the Pulled Chicken Quesadilla, which was just the right amount of heat, courtesy of the cherry peppers in it. For our entrees--Kirstin had the Blackened Chicken Penne-Blackened chicken with broccoli and cherry tomatoes in a white wine garlic sauce-very garlicky, but she loved it and polished it all! I had the Pork ribs, beef and chicken--the ribs were HUGE (I think I am more of a baby back ribs person), the Burnt Endz of beef were few, and not burnt, fatty if anything--go figure--and the chicken was juicy and delish. I subbed in a side of their "down-home" mashed potatoes. The best part for me was their BBQ sauce--pleasantly sweet, tomato-based sauce. Kirstin ordered the Southern Slam drink to round it all out--great meal, quick service and a nice laid-back bluesy atmosphere.

www.blackeyedsallys.com

No comments: