Monday, February 1, 2010

1/31/10-Belgique Patisserie, Kent, CT

Oh. My. Goodness. I think I've died and gone to chocolate heaven.

We really haven't had the opportunity to go anywhere or do much of anything since the wedding, so it was a nice change of pace to take a drive through the beautiful Litchfield Hills. We put our destination in the GPS and off we went in search of great chocolate--let me tell you, we were not disappointed. We arrived at this cute little yellow building and walked into a chocolate lover's delight. Display cases were filled with artistic dessert creations--all which looked too amazing for words! We were pleasantly greeted by two ladies behind the counter and told to take our time. Tom and I both got croissants and we shared a large hot chocolate--I implore you, get the hot chocolate--it was rich, velvety and topped with a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream. Hands down, this was the best hot chocolate I've ever had. Onto the chocolates--they sell them by the piece (or pound). We got about a 1/4 lb. to take home with us--it was so hard to choose them! I hope I can come up with enough excuses to return here--I am definitely planning on it!

No website, located on Bridge St. in Kent

No comments: