Thursday, October 15, 2009

10/10/09-J. Timothy's, Plainville, CT

We have been to this restaurant numerous times over the years and I do enjoy it very much, but I have yet to figure out why it is that this place is so packed every weekend--it's like no other restaurants in Plainville exist! I digress.

After a long day of painting at our friend's new house, we had gone here for dinner to celebrate and relax and what better way to do that but to order a bucket of "dirt" wings to start! They were excellent--even better than I remember! For the non-wing eaters at our table, there was also an order of calamari--everything was devoured--hey, we worked hard!

Lots of entrees to go through so here it is: Tom, Cory, Dan and Jeff all ordered burgers with various toppings of their liking and in true man form, they enjoyed the burgers wholeheartedly. The ladies ordered actual entrees--Jill had the Andouille Mac and Cheese-gemelli pasta, 2 cheese sauce, andouille sausage, peppers & onions topped withlightly cajun spiced bread crumbs--I stole a bite and found it had an interesting taste but not one that I would enjoy for a whole meal, but Jill loved it. Leigh had Portabello and Spinach Ravioli-with a shiitake and spinach marsala cream sauce and I had the Pomegranate Pork Filet Mignon-twin pork tenderloin medallions wrapped in bacon and finished with a pomegranate balsamic glaze, over mashed potatoes and garlic spinach--I believe the "filet mignon" referred to the size of the pork because it was tiny! If I had not had the wings to start, I swear I would have been starving afterwards! The pork did taste great with the pomegranate sauce being an excellent addition, the potatoes were good but the spinach was overdone. Overall, it was a good time with friends--best part was the wings! I think next time I'll order a burger.

www.jtimothys.com

No comments: