Sunday, May 10, 2009

5/6/09-Gold Burger, Newington, CT

Our apologies for the lack of posting as of late--Tom had back surgery, so things have been a bit difficult around here. Hopefully we will be posting more soon. (Suggestions, anyone?)

I had to go up to Newington for a training session so I met up with my buddy Dan for dinner beforehand. Right in the center of Newington is Gold Burger--relatively new and definitely needed in this town! The owner was right at the counter, ready to help us out--very friendly! GoldBurger was surprisingly fresh, juicy and very nicely done. You can order your burger by a number of patties with quite the list of toppings--they also offer burger creations, hot dogs, onion rings and fries. I ordered a single burger with mayo, lettuce, cheddar, bacon and their "goldburger sauce" (which reminded me of the McDonald's Big Mac sauce) and a side of fries. They have fresh ground beef everyday, and nicely done fresh cut french fries perfectly seasoned with kosher salt. Everything was served straight-up in a bag--no frills. Dan and I grabbed our orders and ate "al fresca" out on the sidewalk outside the storefront.

I would definitely return--a way better option than any fast food joint.

No website, located on Main St. in Newington.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I am one of the owners of GoldBurgers and want to thank you for your business and your review. I am glad you had a positive visit and I hope you come again. We have a Facebook page and if you are a member please check it out. We are very active on facebook and welcome comments and suggestions so we can continually refine our menu and operations to ensure our "fans" have a good experience. We have been open 6 weeks now and the response has been great. Once again thank you and please spread the word.