Saturday, April 4, 2009

4/4/09-Bricco, West Hartford, CT

I really do love West Hartford--the amount of really good restaurants in this town astounds me. Today, I had the luxury of trying yet another--Bricco. Met up with a friend I haven't seen in a good number of years--it was nice to reconnect. We had both heard that Bricco was good and she is the type of person that enjoys the finer things in life like lunch at a nice restaurant, so off we went. Cute decor, with a very warm, classy feeling to the place. We had the crispy fried calamari w/ lemon caper aioli & spicy tomato sauce to start--very good, with nice dipping sauces. Sheri had the rustichella d'abruzzo rigatoni bolognese w/ classic meat sauce, fresh ricotta & grated nutmeg which she really enjoyed (ahh, comfort food!) and I had the special--homemade cavatelli with broccoli rabe and a hot sausage--just the right amount of kick, very flavorful. Sheri then topped her meal off with a double espresso (I don't think I'll ever get into coffee!).

Had a great time catching up on old times and our current lives (thanks for experiencing a new one with me!). Maybe I'll have a new partner in my restaurant adventures!

www.billygrant.com/bricco.htm

No comments: