Monday, January 26, 2009

1/24/09-Kumo Japanese Restaurant, Hamden, CT

My parents mentioned that they haven't been out to dinner with us in a while, so they told us to pick a place and off we would go. While doing a little investigating, I found that they have never been to a hibachi so we thought it would be fun to take them to Kumo. We had been there previously, so we knew what to expect. This is one place that is pretty busy! Upon arrival, the waiter took our orders (Mom had salmon and chicken, Dad had steak, Tom had steak and shrimp and I had steak and chicken) and we were brought clear soup and a small salad with ginger dressing to start. After, our chef arrived and the "show" began. He was very entertaining, from doing the japanese egg roll to the volcano of onions and attempting to throw veggies in our mouths ( I did not catch one!) and then shots of saki for all of us (go mom and dad! I didn't expect them to do the saki!) Dinner was done shortly thereafter and it was good. I think my parents had a good time and we did, as always.

www.kumojapaneserestaurant.com

No comments: