Saturday, January 24, 2009

1/23/08-Lenny and Joe's Fishtale, Westbrook, CT

I have lots of fond memories of this place--once a year, we would travel down to this restaurant with my grandfather because it was one of his favorite restaurants. Tom and I ended up here on our anniversary a few years ago and it was his first visit then-now he sees why my family loves it so much. When we are looking for good seafood, we'll now go here. Although this place is so packed in the summertime, at 8pm on a Friday night in the middle of winter, it wasn't bad at all! Tom chose their special of the evening-Baked Stuffed Shrimp with a ritz cracker/crab/monterey jack stuffing and fries and coleslaw. I had their hot buttered lobster roll with fries (In all the years that I have been coming to this restaurant, this is the first time I ordered a seafood item! My mom will be proud of me, I'm sure.) Service was quick and friendly and Tom and I enjoyed our evening and our dinner together. We'll be coming here every year for a long time, I'm sure of it.

www.ljfishtale.com

No comments: