Friday, November 21, 2008

11/21/08-Max Amore, Glastonbury, CT

CT Restaurant week part 2! Colleen and I got together to catch up on things and had a lovely dinner. I started with the Classic Caesar salad--the dressing was a bit too peppery, but the homemade croutons were excellent. Col had Baby spinach, poached Bosc pears, candied walnuts, crumbled gorgonzola, Calimyrna figs, fig vinaigrette salad, which really wasn't her thing, but we're so proud of her for trying something new! We both had the Classic Chicken Parmesan, over spaghetti with peeled plum tomato sauce, fresh basil, E.V.O.O.--very tasty, haven't had good chicken parm out at a restaurant in quite some time since I make my own version at home. For dessert, Col had the warm harvest crisp and I had the creme brulee. Oh and my drink was excellent too--cranberry lemonade martini. They should have more deals like restaurant week because business was booming here! We decided we need to go out without our men more often and go to great places like this!

www.maxrestaurantgroup.com

No comments: