Friday, November 28, 2008

11/2/08-Perk on Main, Durham, CT

Ahh, Black Friday! On our way back from hitting the great deals at the Clinton outlets, we stopped off at Perk on Main to get some lunch. Have I mentioned that I love places that are trying to be eco-friendly? I do--I just love it. I was super impressed on how eco-friendly this place tries to be--3 different cans to separate your trash into (regular trash--things that cannot be recycled, cans and bottles and biodegradables), a program working with farmers to take the coffee grounds for composting and a community water cooler to help reduce our carbon footprint--this place gets an A+ for all of the above efforts. Now, on to the food. Tom had the Swiss Army Ciabatta--Grilled Turkey Filet, Lettuce, Tomato, Bacon, Mayo, & Swiss with a side baby field greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette. I had the Fall Classic crepe--Hot Cinnamon Spiced Apple Pie Filling with caramel. After trying eachothers dishes, we decided that we would definitely be back, maybe next time for breakfast! A very cute place with a relaxed feel, easy on the environment and our wallets too!

www.perkonmain.com

No comments: