Saturday, November 1, 2008

10/31/08-Junior's @ MGM Grand at Foxwoods, Ledyard, CT

Alice Cooper on Halloween? How much better could it get? Even though this is our 3rd time seeing him together, it's a great show everytime. We drove out to the new MGM Grand at Foxwoods and Grand is a great name to describe it. A huge, beautifully designed tower and a gorgeous theatre, it was nice to finally be able to check out the place we poured so much concrete at. I was really impressed with the design and comfort of the theatre--roomy seats, behind-the-seat cupholders, carpeted floor and great view from any angle it seemed. We were running a little behind so we needed something quick to eat so we went to Junior's--this is the CT branch of the famous restaurant in the Bronx. It touted "the best cheesecake in the world" so it must be good....right? Well, the sandwiches offered were average at best and VERY overpriced--I had the grilled chicken deluxe and Tom had fresh brisket of beef. We shared the fries that came with my sandwich and those were the best part--not too crispy, not too soft, good diner fries. And the cheesecake? Not the best! Instead of a crust, it is a thin layer of white cake. Sometimes the best part of the cheesecake is the crust, so I was a bit disappointed. Tom made the comment about how it was like eating plain cream cheese (with a slight slight vanilla flavoring), so it was def not the best. Save your money and eat at the New Britain diner--good food and even better prices!

www.mgmatfoxwoods.com/dine

1 comment:

Rob said...

I'm surprised they didn't charge you extra for sampling Tom's fries.

My wife and I stayed there this past weekend and had breakfast at Juniors. We had a good meal until it was time to pay the bill.

I had ordered French toast with a side of eggs, my wife a bagel. She had some of my eggs and they charged us for a full entree of eggs rather than a side of eggs because I shared with her. The eggs went from what should have been $3.00 to $11.00. After disputing this bill with the manager and general manager and listening to their absurd excuses and lame attempts to justify their reasons for doing this, I vowed to never go back there again and share my terrible experience with as many people as possible.

Beware ... Juniors is only in it to take your money, not to service their customers.