Sunday, February 17, 2008

2/16/08 Eli's on Whitney-Hamden, CT

I try to get us to experience a new restaurant every weekend, instead of going to the same old places all the time, so tonight we tried Eli's on Whitney (I had coupons, so that helped the decision!). Very busy place, even at 830pm when we got there. The bar and dining room were packed, waited a reasonable 15 minutes. Tom ordered one of the specials that evening--prime rib with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. Everything looked great and tasted fantastic. It came served with the white asparagus, which had a slightly more bitter taste than the typical green asparagus, but was good nonetheless. I had the turkey burger, which was very moist and tasty. Tom had the blue moon on tap and I ordered a white chocolate martini, which is most def worth trying. Unfortunately, I do have to say that the reason I'm not jumping to come back here is, while we were waiting for our check, the hostess came to our table and asked if we would mind moving to another table because a large party was coming in. I understand she had a job to do, but come on. At least comp us a dessert if you're gonna ask ;)

Check it out.... www.elisonwhitney.com

No comments: